Sometimes a little more space is what you need. Book an extra seat next to you for additional space for your fragile luggage or musical instruments and travel comfortably.
Booking an extra seat
- You can book a maximum of two extra seats.
- An extra seat can be booked for the entire or part of the journey.
- You can book an extra seat in advance or on the departure date at the city booking office.
- Purchase of an extra seat is subject to availability.
Note Passengers cannot book an extra seat on Air India Express or Air India codeshare flights.
Cost of the extra seat
The original and extra seat charges are identical if both are purchased simultaneously. The costs do not include government taxes and airport levies.
Passengers booking extra seats are allowed to carry one checked-in baggage. However, they do not get any additional cabin or check-in baggage allowance.
- Passengers buying an extra seat are entitled to the free baggage allowance and an additional 15 kg/33 lb as check-in baggage allowance.
- Passengers buying two extra seats are entitled to the free baggage allowance and an additional 25 kg/55 lb as check-in baggage allowance.