Is your child travelling alone? We promise to care for your little one, so they have a safe and happy journey, and you remain at ease. Learn more about the services offered and formalities to be completed.
- On domestic routes, unaccompanied minors are children above the age of five and below the age of 12.
- On Gulf-India routes, unaccompanied minors are children above the age of five and below the age of 16.
Note: Children under five are not considered unaccompanied minors.
Services and Formalities
- The service will be provided on Air India-operated flights only.
- Air India will not provide unaccompanied minor services if interline travel is involved at the transit point.
- Download the unaccompanied minor–request for carriage form to use the services.
- Fill in all the details in the form and submit five photocopies to the nearest Air India office at least three working days before the travel date.
Our unaccompanied minor service applies to children flying in a different cabin class than their parent or guardian.
Note: The procedures followed are per IATA recommendations. The only exception when handling the child will be before entering the aircraft and after disembarkation.