Baggage Allowance Rules for Travelling to and from Africa
Check out how much you can pack for your trip across the Savannas. Learn more about the additional baggage allowance our premium club members can enjoy.
|Origin||Destination||Economy Class||Executive Class|
|India||Nairobi||2 pieces of up to 23 kg each||2 pieces of up to 32 kg each|
|Nairobi||India||2 pieces of up to 23 kg each||2 pieces of up to 32 kg each|
Please also note that:
- Infants in all classes are allowed one baggage of up to 10 kg.
- A piece of baggage that weighs more than 32 kg will not be allowed on the flight. This rule is applicable across the Air India network.
Weight and Piece Concept for Baggage Allowance
|Cabin Class||Baggage Dimensions||Baggage Weight|
|First and Business||The sum of the length, breadth, and height of each piece must not exceed 62 in or 158 cm.||The weight of each piece must not exceed 32 kg or 70 lbs.|
|Economy||The total combined dimensions (length + breadth + height) of both pieces should not exceed 107 in or 273 cm.||The weight of each piece must not exceed 23 kg or 50 lbs.|
Additional Baggage Allowance for Flying Returns Members
Primary Active and Active Flying Returns members can enjoy additional baggage allowance on flights operated by Air India or Star Alliance member airlines.
|Flying Returns Club||Piece Concept Flights||Weight Concept flights|
|The Maharaja Club (STAR GOLD) *||1 piece as per cabin class||20 kg|
|Golden Edge Club (STAR GOLD) *||1 piece as per cabin class||20 kg|
|Silver Edge Club||1 piece as per cabin class||10 kg|
|Flying Returns (Base)||Nil||Nil|
*For Primary Active/Active members only
A few more things to keep in mind:
- Additional baggage allowance is not available on partner or codeshare flights, including flights marketed by Air India and operated by a partner airline or partner-marketed flights operated by Air India.
- Silver Edge Club Members are eligible for additional baggage allowance on flights operated by Air India only, whereas Golden Edge Club (GEC) and The Maharaja Club (TMC) Members (corresponding to Star Gold) are eligible for additional baggage allowance on Star Alliance operated flights as well.
- Lithium battery powered self balancing devices are banned and cannot be carried in passenger baggage. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is banned and cannot be carried in checked or hand baggage. Power banks cannot be carried in checked baggage but can be carried in hand baggage
- Power banks should be packed in the carry-on bags alone.