While flying internationally, Air India recommends our passengers take advantage of our various check-in facilities to avoid the last-minute rush. Not only does it make your journey smoother and more comfortable, but it also ensures you say goodbye to long queues for good!
Air India web check-in
You can check in for flights on the Air India website from any location as long as you have a computer/laptop with internet connectivity and a printer.
The web check-in facility opens 48 hours ahead of your flight and closes two hours before departure. Web check-in is not available for codeshare flights now. You can visit our web check-in page here.
International passengers are issued a confirmation slip on completing the web check in. They can get their boarding passes only after presenting the slip at dedicated counters at the airport and completing the check-in formalities. Drop your baggage, if any, at the counter and collect registered baggage tags after the document verification before heading for the security check.
Passengers travelling on domestic sectors are issued boarding passes, which need to be printed. Once you have the printout, getting to your flight at the airport becomes easier. If you are flying with only hand luggage, you can head directly to the security check. In case you have checked-in luggage, you can go to the baggage drop counter and collect the registered baggage tags before heading for the security check.
Air India city check-in for international travellers
Flying out of New Delhi? Then save yourself the trouble of having to deal with burdensome luggage by taking advantage of our city check-in facility. International passengers on Air India flights can now complete city check-in formalities at these two metro stations:
- New Delhi
- Shivaji Stadium
You can visit the Air India counter at these locations for flight information, ticketing, or excess baggage.
- Check in and get a boarding pass if you have checked-in baggage.
- Option to pay for excess baggage in advance.
- Pay upfront for flight upgrades at the premium class counters in row F of terminal 3.
- Pay for the advance seat reservation and choose your preferred seat.
- Buy tickets at the cost equivalent to Rajdhani Express II AC fares. These are made available by Air India four hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Enjoy spot fare discounts introduced to various other sectors four hours before scheduled departure.
- The check-in facility at these locations (with or without baggage) stays open for 12 hours before scheduled departure and closes two hours before departure.
- You can check in for any Air India, Air India Express, or Alliance Air flight.
- You can check in for both domestic and international flights.
- If you want to step out into the city for last-minute shopping after completing check-in and getting a boarding pass, you can use the metro (airport express line) to reach terminal 3 well in time.
- If you have checked in using the website, you can drop your baggage at either of the city check-in stations at your convenience and reach the airport to board the flight.
- Groups travellers can check in 12 hours before their scheduled departure.
- Travellers waitlisted on Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi, Duranto Express and any other super-fast/mail/express trains of the Indian Railways can buy Air India flight tickets at prices equivalent to II AC Rajdhani Express fares at New Delhi Airport Express Metro Station.
- Travellers holding confirmed Air India tickets (including frequent flyer ‘Award’ tickets, cooperate house ‘Award’ tickets, or complimentary tickets earned through various promotional offers) can check in at the locations.
- Dignitaries that need to clear government protocol for checking in can complete their basic check-in formalities at the metro stations.
- Check-in counters at the metro stations remain open from 04:00 to 23:30 hours throughout the year.
Government of India Cell issued tickets and tickets issued to the corporate sector would also be facilitated at the city check-in station by completing the check-in formalities 12 hours before the departure. This facility is being offered to our valued guests jointly by Air India and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation with active support from DIAL and CISF officials.
With our upfront upgrade offer, you can be sure you will get to fly your preferred class for an additional fee.