Customer Service for Flights Between India and the USA
The following information explains our specific customer service commitments in the USA, reinforcing our assurance of a consistently high level of service when travelling.
1. Cheapest available fares
We will offer the lowest applicable fare for booking a flight, depending on the date and class of service requested. You can book through our telephone reservation system, city ticket offices, and airport ticket counters. Please note that cheaper online-only fares may be available on our website. For more information, call our toll-free number 1888 634 1407 (for US).
2. Customer notification of known delays, cancellations, and diversions
At times, the weather, air traffic control, operational or service considerations may lead to flight delays, cancellations, or diversions. When this happens, we will notify you within 30 minutes of becoming aware of such a change in flight status.
3. On-time baggage delivery
We endeavour to deliver your baggage on time. However, if your checked bags are delayed or misplaced, we will make every reasonable effort to return them within 24 hours. Delivery may take longer if your journey involves another airline. You are eligible to receive compensation if you incur expenses due to baggage delay. We will compensate you for reasonable and necessary out-of-pocket expenses as per applicable international agreements.
4. Booking cancellation
When you book a flight through our website, city ticket office, or airport ticket office seven days before flight departure, we will allow you to cancel the reservation without penalty and receive a 100% refund. This only applies if you cancel the reservation within 24 hours of the purchase. Any reservations made within seven days of departure are subject to the applicable cancellation penalty.
5. Ticket refunds
If you have purchased the ticket from our website, request a refund here. The refund will be credited to the card used to make the purchase. For more information about refunds, review our online booking FAQ. For other refund requests in the US, visit one of our city ticket offices or call 1888-634-1407. Refunds are issued based on fare conditions.
If you used a credit card to make your booking, we would submit the request for a refund to the credit card issuer within seven business days of receiving your completed request for a refund. The credit card issuer will refund the purchase price under the terms of the credit card agreement. Please note that your credit card statement may take time to reflect the refund. For purchases made by cash, cheque or other forms of payment, we will issue your refund within 20 business days of receiving your completed refund request.
Please ensure that you have cancelled your reservation before requesting a refund to avoid any associated no-show penalty, and include the following information in your refund request:
- Passenger name(s)
- Full mailing address
- Phone number and/or email address
- Ticket number
- Credit card number (used for booking)
- Fight number and date of travel
6. Customers with disabilities or limited mobility
We take all the necessary steps to ensure travellers with disabilities have a safe and comfortable journey. Please notify us at the time of booking, or at least 48 hours before your flight, of any special assistance you would like us to provide before, during, or after your flight. Our well-trained employees are always on hand to support customers with disabilities.
During lengthy tarmac delays, our staff will ensure that customers with disabilities or limited mobility face no discomfort. If your journey includes flights operated by another airline, please check with that carrier for additional requests, as different policies and procedures may apply.
7. Unaccompanied minors
It is always a pleasure to welcome children on our flights. For their well-being and that of their parents, we have specific rules governing when a minor can travel alone and when an adult must accompany them.
- Children under five are not permitted to travel alone and must be accompanied by a ticketed adult passenger on all flights.
- Children aged five through 11 may travel without an adult but must use our ‘Unaccompanied Minor’ service and pay the full adult fare. In addition, you should submit an Unaccompanied Minor Form at the boarding station at least three days before the planned travel date.
- We permit children aged 12 and above to travel alone.
Please note we cannot accept unaccompanied minors for journeys involving overnight stays.
8. Tarmac delays
We are committed to operating on a reliable schedule for our customers. Safety considerations, weather, air traffic control, operations and other factors may occasionally cause lengthy tarmac delays. We have plans and processes in place to minimise such delays. Should a lengthy tarmac delay occur, and if safety and security considerations permit, we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that all your essential needs are met, including providing food and drinking water at specific intervals, restroom facilities, and adequate medical assistance. You can read more about our contingency plan here.
9. Resolving overbooked flights
Flights may occasionally be overbooked, and there is a slight chance that a seat will not be available on a flight for which you hold a confirmed reservation.
If your flight is oversold, you will be allowed a seat once we ask for volunteers willing to give up their confirmed seats in exchange for compensation (an amount we determine) and travel on a later, specified flight. If there are enough volunteers, we will allow passengers to board based on our boarding priority policy.
Suppose you are involuntarily denied boarding and have complied with our check-in and other applicable rules. In that case, we will give you a written statement describing your rights and explaining how we determine boarding priority for an oversold flight.
Our rules for the payment of compensation and our boarding priority policy are available at every US airport we serve.
10. Travel itinerary, cancellation policies, aircraft configuration, and loyalty programmes
You can learn about policies and services that may be important to you on our website, through our telephone reservations staff, and airport staff, including:
- Aircraft configuration and lavatory availability.
- The essential terms and conditions apply to your ticket and travel, including cancellation and refund policies.
- Any scheduled change of aircraft on a single flight with the same flight number.
You can also find information about our frequent flyer programme on our website, materials provided upon enrolment, and updates sent to Flying Returns members.
11. Fast response to your complaints
Information on where to direct your written complaint is on our website under ’Contact Us’ and is available upon request at the airports we serve. We will acknowledge written complaints within 30 days of receipt and send a substantive response within 60 days of receiving your complaint.
12. Proactive measures
To reduce any inconvenience you may experience during cancellations and misconnections, we will:
- Do our best to contact you in advance regarding a flight cancellation using the contact information in your reservation record.
- Try to book a seat for you on the next flight. We operate with seats available in the same class of service when rebooking is necessary.
- Provide refreshments and hotel accommodation, if available, due to any extended delay, misconnect or cancellation within our control that requires an overnight stay while you are away from home or destination.